Kids are done with school and temperatures are rising; it’s summertime! It’s estimated that water usage shoots up by almost 25%-50% during the hot summer months. This can mean that your water costs will go up. To help you save money on your water bill and prevent unwanted plumbing emergencies, here are some useful summer plumbing tips to keep in mind this year:
Summer Plumbing Tips:
- If you are planning a vacation, make sure to turn down your water heater to conserve energy. The average life of a water-heater is between 8 to 11 years, so you should also check the age of your system to make sure it is running as it should and not wasting your money.
- Make sure to check your washing machine hoses for any leaks, cracks or bulges. Because of wear and tear, it is recommended to replace your rubber machine hoses every 3 years to avoid backflow and other drainage issues that could cost more if not handled right away. Save even more money on your bills this summer by doing laundry during off-peak hours. Check with Tucson Electric Power (TEP) or your local utility company for more information.
- Summer get-togethers and cookouts with friends and family means your kitchen will remain busy throughout. So, it is important to be aware of what goes down the kitchen garbage disposal. Cooking oil, bones, fats and foods like pasta, eggshells and certain vegetables may create clogs in the pipes. This is a costly plumbing emergency that can easily be avoided with extra caution and being aware of what goes down the drain.
- If you are having trouble with older appliances like faucets, showerheads or toilets, it may be best to replace them. Older appliances can drip and overall be less efficient. This can cost you extra money year-round. Check out RAM Plumbing’s services if you are looking for a local plumber in Tucson to help you fix or install new fixtures for your home.
- Water pressure affects your plumbing system greatly. When you leave on vacation, your plumbing stops functioning, building continuous pressure in the system. We recommend purchasing a pressure gauge or getting plumbing repair services in Tucson like RAM Plumbing. to inspect your plumbing system. Even if your system doesn’t malfunction due to high pressure, you’d still be wasting water and creating pressure problems that build up over time; both of which cost you money.
- Water your plants wisely. If you water your lawn or garden, the best time to do so is early in the morning or in the evening. This is because, any water sprayed in the middle of the day may be lost due to evaporation from the heat. Also, if you have trees planted in your lawn, the roots may grow towards your sewer line searching for water if they don’t receive the water they need. Prevent an emergency plumbing situation and save money by watering your plants at the right time of day this summer.
- Prevention goes a long way in avoiding costly plumbing emergencies and saving money on water and electricity. It is best to ensure that your plumbing is running efficiently by scheduling annual plumbing inspections to keep your systems up-to-date and free of problems. At RAM Plumbing, we offer FREE no obligation estimates to better serve you.
Efficient plumbing isn’t only about pipes, it’s about performing and building trust. Each season welcomes a different challenge to your plumbing—be it the hot summer or the freezing winter temperatures. Whatever plumbing issues you might be facing, we are here to help!
RAM Plumbing, Inc. is comprised of fully licensed and certified professionals who offer the best plumbing services in Tucson. We excel at what we do because we provide added emphasis not only on our work but also on caring for our customers by answering any questions or concerns. So, if you are looking for the best commercial plumber or residential plumber in Tucson, contact us today without further delay:(520) 747-8089
We offer upfront pricing, solid warranties, and 24/7 emergency service!
For experienced, professional plumbing in Tucson and the surrounding areas.